TimeSplitters Rewind - kostenlose Fan-Entwicklung mit Unterstützung von Crytek

G

Gast1669461003

Gast
timesplittersrewind.png

TimeSplitters 4 wird vorerst nicht erscheinen. Eine HD-Collection der ersten drei Teile ist zwar nicht ausgeschlossen, momentan aber auch nicht in Planung. Dank zahlreicher Fans wird es nun aber ein kostenloses Multiplayer-Spiel samt Arcade-Challenges auf Basis der CryEngine 3 für den PC geben. Das Releasedatum ist noch nicht bekannt. Unterstützung von Crytek erhält man dennoch. Sie stellen den Entwicklern die Inhalte der Originale zur Verfügung.

Das vollständige Interview mit Project Manager Michael Hubicka von cookingwithgrenades.com:
What features from the original games will be included?

We’re trying to come up with a way to give players and server admins a choice so that we can include most if not all of the features from the past games. Whether it’s as simple as an option in the menu or server admins having the choice when setting up the configuration for their server. When it comes to the gametypes and challenges – we plan to have them all in. If not by the (hopeful) December demo, then definitely by the official release.

When it comes to level editors, will you be including one or will fans have to use other resources to mod the game?

Since we use CryEngine 3 and have access to a powerful toolset, I think it’s only fair the fans have access to it too! Sandbox, the world editor that we use and is included with CryEngine 3 SDK, will be available at the time of the demo’s release.

TS2 and TS:FP have their own feel to them, is TimeSplitters Rewind more of one or the other or will it have its own unique TimeSplitter style?

We’re working on a way to give players and/or server admins a way to choose the play style. Classic (TS2) or Standard (TS:FP). If it’s something the server admins choose, then it will be made very clear in the server browser so players have that choice as well. So in short, we’re working on ways to give everyone a choice between Classic and Standard gameplay.

You already said the game will focus on multiplayer. Will it include all modes from the series and can we expect some extra surprises? Every body is asking about Virus mode! Will there be any kind of story mode?

The initial release of TimeSplitters Rewind will be multiplayer only. Though we have been talking about slowly working on remaking all three of the original games one at a time. That is only if Crytek lets us. But hopefully you will see TimeSplitters Rewind go from being multiplayer only to including all the storylines (singleplayer and co-op) of the original games. But yes, Virus will come back!

Will you stick to the core ethos of the Timesplitters series, action packed, fast paced gun play with lots of humour or do you plan to introduce new elements such as leveling up and perks?

Definitely the core experience with *extremely* little to no additions.

You’re introducing new modes, how many are you planning to implement and can you tell us about any of them?

We have talked about new modes but whether or not they actually make it into the demo or final release is all based on if it feels right. It will definitely boil down to what fans think of it. “Not Kart Racing” is one of them. Players would be on foot racing to objectives and trying to sabotage each other from getting there first.

What about new characters? Will you be introducing us to any new faces and what design criteria will you focus on to make sure they fit in with the feel of the game?

We’re not planning on adding any new characters at this time. The reason behind this is because we do have over 300+ to work on – some of which won’t be available in the demo or at release just because there are so many of them. We plan to release as many as we can at the time of demo, then as many more as we can at release and then the rest will come in content updates.

How will the online work, presumably you don’t have the resources for dedicated servers?

Dedicated server tools will be available for fans at some point in development. This is after the demo and definitely before the official release. We hope to have them ready before the demo, but with the size of our team and the amount of work we have.. I just wouldn’t want to release something to the public I knew just wasn’t ready.

However, LAN will be available either way – and we are fully prepared to help people set up the same tools we use to play together across the world.

Will there be hit scan or ballistic physics for the weapons?

The original TimeSplitters games utilized a mixture of both. Our goal is to do the same.

How involved with the project are Crytek? Do you plan to talk to them about console releases or a kickstarter project to bring TimeSplitters Rewind to consoles?

We collaborate with Crytek as often as possible. We’re both very busy working on our respective projects. Crytek UK (Free Radical) for example is working on Homefront 2 and the recently released Crysis 3. As for a console release – we shall see later on in development. I can’t guarantee anything but maybe, just maybe we will see a console release.

Are any of the original TimeSplitters staff involved at all? Have you contacted the original voice actors for help with the project?

Some are, but as for the voice actors – that’s something that we are going to discuss with Crytek later on in development.

You plan on adding controller support, will you be trying to introduce any kind of feature that will level the field between mouse/keyboard players and controller players?

I don’t like the idea of ‘isolating’ those who play with controllers from those who play with mouse and keyboard. I’m also not too terribly fond of something like autoaim either. The only thing I can possibly stress is we will see what comes back from playtesting and what the fans say.

You expect to have a working demo out for Christmas, will this be a beta test or more of a 1 level and few characters to play with? If this isn’t a beta, will there be one? Who will have access to it?

The demo will be more or less a beta. We plan to release patches to fix glitches/bugs/exploits/performance issues and Content Updates to add maps and characters.

When do you expect to have a finished game and how do you plan to distribute it?

No ETA on a ‘finished’ game or even Official Release 1.0. Though when we are ready to distribute the demo or even the official release, I will do everything to make sure we are prepared. Mirrors, torrents, all of that because I know somewhere a site will go offline due to the sheer volume of fans trying to get ahold of it.

It’s going to be 100% free but would you consider an optional donation to help fund updates and the time you have already spent or perhaps even to charities such as EFF?

If fans absolutely want to donate, I don’t see why not. I would personally prefer it if fans donated to Child’s Play Charity or the EFF, but it’s honestly their call.

How are you managing the resources now, in terms of time on the game and your regular job?

Every member of the team is required to put in a minimum of 5 hours per week, but most of us work on it at least 10 – 15 hours a week. It’s just 5 hours is our minimum so we don’t slow down to a crawl.

There’s going to be monkeys, right? Lots of monkeys!?

I have a team of monkeys working on the monkeys so that the monkeys are monkeys. So yes, lots of monkeys!

That regular job, you’re developing your own game too aren’t you?

Yes, we are actually! We decided that in order to raise the funds to help us focus on TimeSplitters Rewind full time is to work on a project that we can legally raise money for. That project is Loki’s Playground and is being developed on the UDK. This in no way has slowed down the development of TimeSplitters Rewind, if anything it has helped pick up the pace.

What would you like to tell us about that?

Loki’s Playground is a 3D isometric arena-based shooter set in a stylish world where almost anything is possible. We are focusing the game on intense but wacky fun in a highly detailed cartoonish world. If the idea of a ‘catlauncher’ in which you shoot out a cat that claws the face off of you enemies sounds appealing, this is the game that we think you may want to check out.

:X :top:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
cool und dann noch kostenlos, werd ich mir auf jeden Fall mal anschauen wenn es da ist, TimeSplitters 2 und 3 war auf dem Cube damals super :X

Ich habe noch nie ein Time splitters gespielt, aber ich höre nur gutes von, deswegen bis ich mal gespannt :]

Ich habe noch nie ein Time splitters gespielt, aber ich höre nur gutes von, deswegen bis ich mal gespannt :]

na dann ist eigentlich mal nachholen angesagt
kostet ja kaum noch was, besonders gebraucht
hier für 2,99 Sofortkauf z.B. > Time Splitters 2 (gebraucht) X-Box | eBay

oder hier > Amazon.de: Time Splitters 2
Teil 1 sogar gebraucht für 1 Cent :B

der 3. Teil ist dann schon teurer, aber mindestens genauso gut wie Teil 2. Der 1. ist vernachlässigbar

Einer der Entwickler zeigt eine noch Texturlose Map:

Eingebundener Inhalt
An dieser Stelle findest du externe Inhalte von Youtube. Zum Schutz deiner persönlichen Daten werden externe Einbindungen erst angezeigt, wenn du dies durch Klick auf "Alle externen Inhalte laden" bestätigst: Ich bin damit einverstanden, dass mir externe Inhalte angezeigt werden. Damit werden personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt.
Für mehr Informationen besuche die Datenschutz-Seite.

Zurück