The thread in which we only speak in English

i would say that my english is quite good and i always was pretty good in english in school for no reason. although it could be better :P
maybe i got a bit worse as i have no school anymore since some time. and in the last few years in school we didn't do that in much in the english lessons... anyway i always learn new words through listening to music and looking up the lyrics. i think my pronounciation is quite okay as far as i can judge this (listening to music helps with that, too). although i don't speak english very often.
but when it gets seriously it happens that i don't remember the simpelest words^^ one time when i was at the telephone switchboard at my apprenticeship company, i had an english speaking customer at the telephone and at the end when i wanted to say "you're welcome" i said "please" instead :S
and no, i didn't travel to an english speaking country yet. i only traveled to the netherlands and denmark but that was as a child.

also, does anyone know the situation when you hear an english word and you know the meaning, but you can't really tell the german translation? ;-D

I have a question for the "english speaking freaks" as beefi would refer to: did it ever happen to some of you that you dreamed in English? It seems to be a quite common phenomenon to start dreaming in a different language at some point. Of course you have to be able to remember your deams, or at least parts of them. I, for one started some time ago to dream in English occasionally. Especially at nights when I watched lots of films or tv-shows before. It's quite interesting and a good sign that you made an enourmous progress in learning the language. Confusing as well...

Happens to me all the time. I even think in English on a regular basis, I reckon this a sign of having absorbed the language completely.

The threads purpose is not to insult one another to try out new curse words by the way... go to Youtube or Reddit.

8) :top:
I hope everybody her gets the point of what I've just written:B

So, have fun. Or not.

Don't worry, I will. ;-D

how are your English skills and how often do you use it ?

I think my skills are okay. They used to be better though. I use english in the internet, or when I talk to english friends. Or to people who cannot speak german or spanish, but english, instead. For example people from Scandinavia, the french girlfriend of my brother, my future nephew etc.

Do you watch movies or read books in English?

when I have the chance to watch movies or series in english, then I do it. When I watch DVD I only choose german when I am curious about how the characters sound or the qualities of the translation. Or I choose spanish to practise that language and to see if I can understand the characters. And other languages just because of curiosity. So mainly I watch them in english if they are produced in english. Otherwise I watch the original language with subtitles.
I used to read quite a lot in english, but sadly "thanks" to the medicine Zyathil I have developed dificulties in reading books. because of concentration. Later I still managed to read quite a few english books, but it is not the same anymore :(
German books are alright to read though.

Have you ever been to an English speaking country?

I grew up in england. I was almost 8 when we moved to London (we did not live in the center) and I was almost 14 when we moved back to germany.

Whats you penis size?

I guess many have corrected you about the grammar of your question ;)

as for my cock: I havn't decided yet:B:B:B

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Please, for god's sake, change the stupid title of this thread!

why? because of the grammar or what?

By the way, when I was at my parents' , the english girlfriend of my oldest brother stayed over christmas as well. So I talked quite a lot of englisch. And when you talk much, you can make funny mistakes. When I wanted to tell a story about one of my horses I wanted to saysomething like . "When I wanted my dad to me a horse" I forgot to pronounce the letter "s" . So I said whore instead %)

2XYUG.gif

Only a few days left until the start of February. Thus the time is fast approaching when a new TV to replace the tube. Instantly I feel especially when replacement device from the hallway hurt the eyes, a flicker.

May I propose a better title for this thread? ;-D
Eingebundener Inhalt
An dieser Stelle findest du externe Inhalte von Youtube. Zum Schutz deiner persönlichen Daten werden externe Einbindungen erst angezeigt, wenn du dies durch Klick auf "Alle externen Inhalte laden" bestätigst: Ich bin damit einverstanden, dass mir externe Inhalte angezeigt werden. Damit werden personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt.
Für mehr Informationen besuche die Datenschutz-Seite.

Zurück